March 15, 2009

How Did That Get in My Mouth?!

Courtesy of Men’s Health

Over the years, one of the (many) things that I’ve lamented about is the idea that people have a habit of viewing similar situations differently when comparing their own situations to those of others. Too many times, I’ve thought, people have resorted to double-standards.

In the new issue of Men’s Health, they report that both men and women have different views of what the definition of “sex” is, especially when comparing their own acts to those of their partners. My particular favorite was that only 41% of men viewed their oral contact with someone’s genitals and only 36% of women viewed it as sex.

I’m not really sure what the 64% of the women who said that it isn’t sex think that it should be called when someone’s penis or vagina ends up in their mouth.

All that I can say for myself is that if I’m going to end up with someone’s genitals in my mouth, you better damn well call it “sex,” otherwise I’ll be a little pissed off. It’s not like I’m sitting around watching TV or something.

Ω

No comments: